Prior to any learner entering a skills programme, they attend a 20 day Life skills programme which consists of – Foundation for Life programme, (15 days) and the Crafting My Future programme (5 days).
Foundation for Life focusses on the restoration of the individual.
The programme equips learners with practical coping skills, and they are taught that their lives have purpose. A Christ-centred foundation is laid in their lives, resulting in changed morals and values. Learners trained at POPUP enter society as changed people who can make a difference in their communities, among family and friends and a future working environment.
Learners leave POPUP with the knowledge that their lives have a purpose and meaning and that they can have hope for a better future.
NOTE: This Biblically based, Christ-centred programme is compulsory for all learners to attend before any Skills Programme at POPUP can be attended.
- 20 days (compulsory attendance), Monday to Friday 08:00 – 15:00.
LEARNERS WILL LEARN TO:
- Understand their God-given purpose and potential.
- Dealing with their original design and self-awarenes
- The salvation plan of Christ – Relationship vs. Religion.
- Emotional healing and forgiveness.
- Taking personal responsibility for choices as well as attitude in life.
- Developing self-knowledge through a personality assessment.
- Lust and addiction.
- Sexuality and relationships.
- Cultural Diversity.
- HIV and AIDS awareness, STD’s and TB.
- Stress management and problem solving.
- Goal setting and future planning.
- Family Structure.
- Community Involvement.
SKILLS PROGRAMME IS AVAILABLE AT:
- Nelson Mandela Bay (PE)
POPUP also journeys with their learners from a spiritual point of view, whilst attending their respective skills programmes. The CPR (Continuous Personal Restoration) programme makes provision for daily spiritual guidance and impartation of Biblical truths.
The third component of POPUP Life skills programme concludes their journey at POPUP prior to the certificate ceremony, by means of a Workplace Readiness programme.
After successful completion of a skills programmes, learners attend a mandatory work readiness programme, preparing them for the world of work, which includes the following:
|Preparing a CV||Presentation Skills
|Preparing for an Interview||Goal Setting||Problem Solving|
|Professional Image||Decision Maker||Conflict Management|
|Personal Hygiene||Employment Contracts,
HR, Performance Management
|My Health||Financial Management||Time Management|
|HIV / Aids||Customer Service||Motivation|
|Business Etiquette||Sales & Marketing|